Dear church family,
In light of our governor’s executive order to shelter-in-place, we are continuing our suspension of normal church operations through at least June 12. The governor’s order states, “To suppress the spread of COVID-19, to prevent the state’s health care system from being overwhelmed, to allow time for the production of critical test kits, ventilators, and personal protective equipment, and to avoid needless deaths, it is reasonable and necessary to direct residents to remain at home or in their place of residence to the maximum extent feasible.” We urge all members of our congregation and community to comply with this order.
Our church building will remain closed for normal operations through at least June 12.
While we are not currently hosting or facilitating in-person gatherings, we are gathering virtually for worship, fellowship, learning, and service.
- Sunday morning worship services take place online. Please join us via our First Baptist Church Facebook page or our YouTube channel at 10:00am each Sunday morning; these services are also accessible via telephone at 1-646-558-8656 (Meeting ID 975 0554 9694, Password 062646). Following worship, we gather online for Zoom Fellowship Time (email us for details).
- Night Prayer, Monday through Friday, 8:30pm. Please join us via our First Baptist Church Facebook page.
- Children’s Ministry. Zoom gatherings with Xan on Sundays at 9:15am (age 4 through 2nd grade) and at 4:00pm (3rd-5th graders).
- Youth Ministry. Zoom gatherings with Stacey on Sundays at 4:00pm.
- Service Opportunities. We continue to help serve a meal the third Thursday of the month at Hope Clinic in Ypsilanti. We also host occasional food drives for Hope.
Our staff continue to work remotely, and various church teams and committees have been meeting online to continue the ministries of the church. At our annual meeting on May 31, church leadership will be presenting our plans for a phased approach to reopening. In the meantime, our pastors and church staff remain available via phone, text, email, and videoconference; please don’t hesitate to reach out.